I, Spy 4 – Dubai. Camera: Olympus PEN E-P3. Lens: Panasonic 20mm f/1.7.
On my recent trip to Ethiopia, we overnighted in Dubai. This photo was made in the bathroom at our hotel.
I, Spy 3 (DFW). Camera: Olympus PEN E-P3. Lens: Panasonic 20mm f/1.7.
Self-portrait made in a bathroom mirror at the Dallas/Ft Worth airport. I’ve recently returned from a trip to Ethiopia (some details here, here, and here for the curious).
It’s mid-July, the hot days march on with a certain inevitability and I’m starting to think about the beginning of another school year. August will be here soon and I’ll head back to the office for meetings, planning retreats, orientation, and, of course, class prep.
So it seems like a good time to take stock of the last couple months.
Here’s what I’ve done since mid-May. Or at least what I can remember since then.
- Launched my consulting business’ web site.
- Wrote 22 blog posts there and 20 here.
- Wrote a couple of email newsletters for the consultancy (here and here). If you want to learn how to speak and present better, why not subscribe?
- Wrote an eBook on presentation design that will be available soon (details here).
- Completed a design project for a consulting client.
- Started reading Melville’s Moby Dick (a little over half way through), finished Dan Pink’s Drive, and a few other things. Read lots of blog posts and articles from FastCompany, Wired, The Wall Street Journal, Professional Photographer, PDN, and some other magazines.
- Photographed a wedding.
- Photographed a couple commercial jobs.
- Attended a wedding.
- Played games with the kids.
- Have ridden about 320+ miles on my bike. Not nearly as much as I’d like; I’ll need to start earlier next year so I’ve got a better base when the weather turns warmer.
- Watched fireworks with friends on July 4.
- Gave a talk at the Lincoln Rotary on presentation design and a talk to some parents on how to make better photographs of their kids.
- Made headshots for the Logan County Fair Queen and Little Miss contestants.
- Took the StrengthsFinder and DiSC assessments. My strengths are Learner, Input, Intellection, Achiever, and Ideation. On the DiSC profile, I’m a high “C.” If you know me and you know those assessments, nothing surprising there–back to your lives, citizens.
And today (my birthday, by the way) I leave for Ethiopia to meet our new son.
So that’s my summer so far. What have you been up to?
Why do I enjoy cycling? Simple: I get to drink chocolate milk as a “recovery drink.” Here’s the
Erin Shoots a Wedding. Camera: Nikon D700. Lens: Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8.
Erin came with me on a recent wedding assignment. The reception was held at a country club and we made some portraits of the couple out on the golf course. To get ourselves there, the country club graciously made some carts available.
Of course, Erin wanted to drive.
Of course, I let her.